12:00pm – 2:00pm 14th of May
Join us as we make super-cute Pom Pot Pals! Part pom-pom creation, part felted pot, all gorgeous.
This soothing and relaxing workshop will introduce you to simple and effective pom-pom making techniques, while practicing the gentle art of wet-felting to create a lovely potted creation you can take home with you.
In this workshop, students will:
– Select coloured wools for their pot
– Lay strips of wool over a cardboard disk in alternating directions
– Wet their wool with soapy water
– Place their wool in a ziplock sandwich bag and gently massage it for 10 minutes
– Cut a small hole in their woolen ball
– Gently sculpt their woolen ball into a bowl
– Select coloured wool yarn for their pot ears
– Wrap their wool yarn around a clip to make a pom pom
– Use scissors to cut their pom pom loose
– Use scissors to trim their pom pom
– Thread a needle
– Stitch their pom poms onto their bowl
– Stitch beads onto their bowl for eyes
Our small class ratio of 1 teacher to 8 students, means that each student will get the feedback and attention they need in order to achieve their best outcome.
Age range: This workshop is suitable for ages 7 – 13
Drop and leave: Milktooth is an art space unsuitable for younger siblings and workshops are drop and leave. Please feel free to settle your child/ren and then enjoy a coffee at one of the nearby cafes or a visit to Scitech and return at 2pm for pickup. If your child requires 1:1 support, you are welcome to stay and support them, without younger siblings present.”
Supervising adults and numbers: Workshops require a minimum of 12 students to run, and a maximum of 16, with Artists in Residence Liz and Campbell maintaining a ratio of 1:8.
Lunch and Snacks: Please have an early lunch and avoid bringing peanuts into Milktooth. Do bring a water bottle, and light snack if your child needs.
Parking: There are plenty of parking options around the Milktooth studio that have a variety of conditions. Please check our Guide to Visiting Milktooth, which has detailed parking guides and photos of how to find us.
Available Days: This home school program is only available Fridays 12-2pm at this stage.
12:00pm – 2:00pm on Friday the 14th of May